One gravy base for all curries! When it comes to whipping up curries, the most tedious task (after the cutting & chopping, of course!) is making the base gravy & more especially so when you have a work routine to manage on the side. So, for all you busy peeps out there, here’s a video that tells you how to make the base gravy for veg & non-veg recipes & store them for up to a month! Do watch & leave your comments.
For Veg Gravy
4 tbsp oil
3-4 finely chopped onions
3-4 finely chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp crushed jeera
1 tsp crushed dried red chillies
1) In a Kadai, add 4 tbsp of refined oil. To this add finely chopped onions and sauté. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix.
2) Add chopped tomatoes and mix.
3) Add salt to taste, red chili powder, coriander powder, crushed jeera, crushed dried red chilies, and mix. Let this cook for about 4-5 mins until the masala paste is formed. You can add water as required.
4) Store this masala in an airtight box and store in the freezer up to a month.
5) For preparing the dal/ vegetable- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the frozen gravy to it, and let it melt. Once the gravy is back to room temperature add the dal to it and mix well. Garnish with some chopped coriander.
For the non-veg gravy:
2 3 chopped onions
2-3 finely chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp refined oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1) In a Kadai, heat 4 tbsp of oil. Add julienned onions to it and cook it until they turn golden brown.
2) Once the onions turn golden brown, transfer them to a blending jar. Add chopped tomatoes to the jar along with 1/2 cup of water. Blend this into a smooth paste.
3) In the same Kadai using the same oil, add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Add the paste to it and mix.
4) Add salt to taste, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well. Let it cook for 4-5 mins.
5) Transfer to a container and store in the freezer for up to one month.
6) For making the chicken gravy- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the frozen gravy to it, and let it melt. Once the gravy is back to room temperature add chicken pieces to it and cook until chicken is cooked well. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
SUBSCRIBE To The Foodie
Click Here ► http://tiny.cc/4k45nz
& CLICK On The Bell Icon To Receive All The Latest Updates.
The Foodie is the perfect destination for all the food lovers. One place for all the Indian food recipes, Veg and Non-veg Recipes, Fusion food recipes, food hacks, challenges, Food vlogs, Street food review & more.
Follow us on other social media handles:
Website ► https://www.timesnownews.com/videos/foodie
Instagram ► https://www.instagram.com/timesnowfoodie/
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/TimesNowFoodie/
Twitter ► https://www.twitter.com/TimesNowFoodie